1. Introduce States & Capitals by Region of the Country
2. Bring in FOOD!
3. Listen to Songs on YouTube
4. Assemble Puzzles of the United States
5. Play iPad Games for Review
6. Partner Quiz
Here's what they do:
1. Partner one uses the cheat sheet. They ask their partner for the capitals of twenty (you can vary this based on time) states. They make tally marks for each correct answer.
2. Partner two uses the cheat sheet to quiz partner one. Once again, they ask their partner to name the capitals of twenty states. I always tell my kids to give them the "hard" ones. They don't want their partner's score to be higher than theirs!
3. Partner one uses the cheat sheet to quiz their partner on the locations of twenty states.
4. Partner two uses the cheat sheet to quiz their partner on the locations of twenty states.
5. Who has the highest score? They win!